Monday, August 31, 2009

Mirrors

A counselor in my bishopric yesterday suggested that we take advantage of the mirrors in our meeting hall every Sacrament meeting by taking a moment to look at our reflections and ask ourselves a few questions; Am I being the type of person that I wanted to be last week? Am I being a hopeful person? Am I extracting the juice of life and enjoying every moment of living?

A dear friend and mentor of mine shared an interesting observation and self analysis/ self motivating technique. Out of all of God's creations, we are the only animals that have the ability to look at ourselves from a third person point of view. When he takes a step back and experiences looking at himself from the outside, he not only gains perspective and an analysis of where he is at and what he is doing but he is also able to give himself encouraging and constructive feedback. Ok, so it doesn't sound as profound written down, but it's quite empowering when I succeed in doing it. Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment