Sunday, August 2, 2009

For two years, I have had a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt sitting in front of my kitchen sink. It has seen me move through all kinds extraordinary pathways that have brought me immense growth, perspective, and experience. It has been a constant, nonjudgmental cheerleader for every dream and aspiration that I have chosen to pursue, short-lived or long term. In short, it has seen me walk into the face of my future endowing me with resolve and empowerment.

"The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

I have come to love this quote and the woman who said it.
A word on guardian angels... they do exist, but what of them? How do they work? The 'how' is a pointless question, it would be like asking how does faith make mountains move or how does God intimately know and hear all of us? Some things we just don't have the capacity yet to completely understand. Nevertheless, it is interesting to contemplate such questions and it is preparatory to gaining more 'light and knowledge'.

Perhaps one way in which guardian angels work is with the spiritual impression(s) that they leave behind them when they leave this mortal life. Eleanor Roosevelt left a legacy of spiritual impressions behind her. Her words have brought me gentle nudging and boosts of confidence just as they have for hundreds of others. Wherever she is, I am sure her love for God, his plan and all of his children has only increased and that she is working amongst others in bringing about God's Plan of Happiness. She is, no doubt, part of an army of gaurdian angels.
Today I decided to read a little about Eleanor Roosevelt and what experiences molded such a wise and beautiful mind. We are all amazing and extraordinary people with so much to discover and give to the world. One way in which I hope to finally meet my potential square in the eye (rather than chasing after it like a balloon in the wind) is to study the lives and accomplishments of great individuals that have lived before. Eleanor Roosevelt is the heroin of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a tremendous first post. I'm thrilled you've started a blog and look forward to many more postings.

    ReplyDelete